1 minute reading time
Host a waste-free holiday party
Organizing a holiday party for your office? Here are a few quick tips to keep it green:
- Decorate with items that can be reused.
- Set up tables with reusable tablecloths or place mats.
- Use cloth napkins, durable plates, and glassware or encourage your coworkers to bring their own.
- Have cloth dish towels on hand to clean up spills instead of paper towels.
- Avoid food and beverages packaged in single servings.
- Include healthy, plant-based food options.
Don't let good food go to waste:
- Cooking for a potluck? Use recipes that will make good leftovers or that can be repurposed into a new meal.
- Encourage everyone to bring containers to take leftovers home.
- Collect food scraps for composting. Learn more about food waste collection options here.